sobota 23. března 2013

Sketching Future - Viterbo (Italy)

FIRST DAY - ITALIAN CULTURE HERE WE ARE!


11.3.2013

Dear diary. We woke up around 8 o'clock and got up from bed lazily because we were still pretty tired from the traveling even though we slept wery well. Another reason is that we are young and we are  participating in project about unemployment and that means that we are lazy generally :-)

What a suprise! We had delicios breakfast and italian coffee and I quickly find my way to italian culture. We live in a beatiful atmospheric house. I am sure it contains many interesting memories and when you're inside it makes you wish just to sit by the fireplace with a cigar and listen to those memories.

At ten o'clock our project started. We met a lot of new people but I need to express biggest experience - we saw Iron Man - more than that - he is our lector! Amazing, I still can't believe that he is not a twin of Robert Downey Jr. I know he is. But still I call him Michele, I am sure he likes it more :-) So a lot of nice people and I hope that in future days we will get more friendly even with italian participants. Because we are still a little shy.

Drawing is another story - and it's not for anybodys ears and definitely not for eyes :-D

PS: Francesco is a name for men. Remember that to avoid embarasing moments in the future!

Hangover edit: We went for one beer just to discuss our preparation for the next day. And suprisingly it was raining so badly that we had to stay a little longer. But even at three o'clock in the mornig when you're dancing in the rain  Viterbo has it's thing. It was the first time that we were walking to our accomodaion by foot, until now Michele drove us in his car and it is completely different road. At first we were trying to unlock the door from neighbour house but we quickly realized that we were at the wrong place. So quickly that police was not involved. And in the morning I asked for so strong coffee that I'll never sleep again...

Excuse my mistakes,
John Scheuer

SECOND DAY - RAINTALY


12.3.2003

Why the title Raintaly? Because wheather forecast is not good. Basicaly it is raining all the time here. Well fortunately not all the time to be honest. Only when we are outside. Funny weather here. And my umbrella is broken. Not so funny.

A little sleep and back to work. Not in a brutal sense of the word. In the morning we did some teambuilding activities and some more painting. This time from different perspectives, which was realy interesting because we were drawing a naked women. Not a real one that you can see on the street (where they're usually dressed), but the one without head, legs, hands - so called dummie or "manichino" in italian as Michele explained to me and Valentina spelled for me later.

I have to say itailan siesta is very contangious - during that "pause" time our whole group was siesting at our B&B - well not whole group, there is one couple with us and they were couple-ing elsewhere so we were group-ing in B&B - everything in a completely honest way of course. So today we didn't go sightseeing but we have a few tips from Micheles mother for tommorow. So hopefully we defeat our siesta spirits.

At the afternoon we presented our reaserches on unemployment in a visual form. So a lot of funny videos were played but also some serious facts were spoken. Seriously. So we are really trying to do something and to think about the subject. Full of impression we enter last part of the day. Sociological research. Lot of numbers and unfortunately a lot of slides. Seriously.

And now we are sitting in our "sanctuary" expresing ourselves and waiting for the dinner and preparing plans for tonight's after-dinner wich will probably include some vitamins in form of liquid apples, plums or grapes. So hangover update should be expected. And another morning italian coffee will be needed.

One last quicknote. Almost everyone here is a excellent drawer. When Michele showed me concept of my portrait which he made in like 5 minutes I was really thinking about suicide. Not because of my face, but because of my exeptional drawing incompetence. But I guess that one of the lessons from the whole project should be to look on the brighter side of the problem. So if I look at my incompetence in this perspective I guess it means that I have something that nobody has :-)

Hangover update: We had wonderful night. We even got a new roommate during the night. I also showed magic tricks with cards which is always fun (of course) and after that we all focused on making the apples and grapes disappear. Then I suddenly woke up in my bed and it was already morning. Everyone was gone so at least something disappeared because god knows that apples didn't.

Excuse my mistakes,
John Scheuer














THIRD DAY - INTERCULTURAL NIGHT


13.3.2013

Some many threes in the today's date. It is interesting because this is the first day when we have a new roommate and therefore we are three at our room. If I was a numerologist I would say that some more threes will come today.

During breakfast something completely unexpected happened. Lumir was the brave and ultimately awesome ice-breaker and he asked Michele's mother about all the family pictures. Sadly most of the memories are forgotten or hidden in shade but we heard some family stories. It was a cream for my mind which was still a little suffering from apple side-effects.

Before lunch we started to work on our comic books. Creating our characters for comics. Francesca was leading the lesson and she showed us some of her work - her ilustrations in comic book. What a artist! It was very inspirational morning and I am sure that we will enjoy creating comics a lot. Francesca was excited about our effort and I was excited about her excitement. More excitement came during lunch because we had pasta and I learn a lot about italian relationship with it (and about relationship between pasta and ketchup - don't even ask this question. Never!). After lunch siesta got me down. And I found out funny thing about alarm clocks - they are working only when you don't need it.

I am still trying to find out main character for my comic story. It will be cook or jelly or owl or an egg. So it is obvious that I have a pretty clear idea about my final story. And in a few moments Intercultural night will begin. I hope that my alarm clock won't disapoint me tommorow.

Italians showed us best places to go at night in Viterbo and we had a briliant time. But the best moment was when Valentina sang us a gospel song. It was like tasting a peace of heaven by your ears. Literally we were shaking, it was just brilliant. And I got to bed early today. Yahooou.

Excuse my mistakes
John Scheuer



















FOURTH DAY - STORYBOARDS OF LIFE

14.3.2013

In the morning we continued working on our comic books. We are creating storyboards and some of us started to work on tje final version of the comic book. It is already clear that there would be plenty of wonderful ideas and stories. I look forward to see results of our work.

Today we were sightseeing again and we visited the most interesting parts in Viterbo. Pope's palac and medieval part of the town. The streets and buildings there were extrordinary. I don't know what is wrong with me but I am enjoying every moment of our stay here. We also briefly visited our friends accomodation and it looked there like in the Alibaba or Aladin movie. What's not to like here?

We took our coffee break very seriosly and we really spent it in a café drinking coffe and presenting our photos to each other - storyboards of life. Very funny moments especialy when we showed some photos from yeasterday's Intercultural night to our italian friend (for his sake anonymous). You rarely see an italian guy turning red.

All in all I have to say that I really like italian "don't woooooorry" style. Here's the example. I think it is even rude to start walking faster on the road when the car is comming. Probably it is impossible to get hit by a car on the road. Italians don't have a problem if they have to wait a little longer I guess. To be honest we saw one man who was hit by a car in a Rome. But it was on the crosswalk and I guess that nobody is supposed to use them because you rarely see somebody there. And we have a theory that he got hit by stranger from foreign country. So when you are on road and you see a stranger start walking faster. Otherwise don't let disturb yourself!

P.S. Don't put red wine into Jana's hand again.

Excuse my mistakes
John Scheuer













FIFTH DAY - THROUGH VERONIKA'S EYES

15.3.2013

I had to go to the city early, because Valentina, the girl who I live with, had to go to work. I use this time for stay in beautiful coffee bar and had a coffee and croisant with cream. I really love italian food. After breakfast I went to eurecca and ,,suprasingly'' nobody from czech group was there (we were supposed to be there at 10am. Later, when Maruska arrived she said that czech group is used to italian life style and therefore they don't hurry and Lamberto said: ,,I am used to czech life style, I am here from 9:30 :)'' I like this guy. He and Valentina are the best. 50 minutes later, rest of czech group arrived. (Most of them slept one hour). So we can go to to city draw something. We walked through old part of the city and we didn't draw anything... never mind. ''We stopped in the oldest coffee bar in Viberbo and we got another coffee. After lunch, we continued with our comic story. John finally invent his story and most of us finished our comic story. Today we find out we will have some public exhibition. Nobody knows what we can expect from it. We will see :) Now we having another legeng...wait for it...dary party in boys house. Arrivederci!

Veronika Cermakova

P.S. Don't give Jane into her hands any kind of wine. She spills literally everything.

P.P.S. We were talking with Kolja!













SIXTH DAY - RAINBOW


16.3.2013

Again I will start with the explanation of the title. We haven't seen any rainbow today but we saw a lot of water and a lot of sun so I guess we might have seen rainbow if we looked for some.

Today was the most beautiful day and we sure take an advantage of that. We went on a trip into the small city near Viterbo and we visited beautiful gardens there. It was one of the highlights of this week when we were lying on the grass smoking cigar (we had to run through half of the town for it), enjoying sun and listening to the music. We took a lots of funny and beutiful pictures from there so we never forget. And I am afraid that italians also won't forget because there were video cameras on unexpected places.

We all finished our works today so we are prepared to present it to the public tommorow. Question is wheather the public is prepared for us.

Excuse my mistakes,
John Scheuer

Veronika's view:
I have nothing to add, this day was the best from this week! I really enjoyed it.

P.S. Lumir is awesome... sometimes :-P
P.S. Jonh is the worst DJ in Viterbo... (kidding)... I don't think so :-)

A gameYou can add what you want but can't delete anything!

Everyone here speaks so good italian. Especialy when they're drunk. sorry i don't... don't worry honey, you will be soon! a sheep is pecora in italy:-)!!! paola is joking with me. She told me, that I'm a playboy. I think it isn't true. Paola write' l hope you understend me.......Lumir is the best boy:-) :-) :-) because he's so funny:-)  and he understand my terrible english!!!!!!!!!!! So I learn this prhase: Why nottttttttttttttt:-) :-)  I thing that I will not forget everybody:-) beca:-) use I was very well together with you! I like these evenings with vine!! in the bed, why not :-) and Horazio je na plech a
and was kissing with jana:-) vine inbed is the best .. I have no idea, what's going on, but still it's fun.. Samantha is done and she will come for you...muheheeee :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Dear game' I: would like to give a big thank to your creator or inventor. cant wait to read all comments. there is one mine: so far, today is the best day of this project and this day is not over yet!

zima, voda, župan, ulice, šeptej, sklapni, drž hubu, drž kurva hubu

Můžu dostat sklenici vody?













SEVENTH DAY - WHATEVER YOU WANT


17.3.2013

Write your biggest impressionexperience or whatever you want from this week anyou can sign if you want.

Probably it would be better for me to sing, but I'm not that drunk. I feel lucky because of you and I'm gonna miss these times together. Thank you all, Lamberto.

I want to thank you all for this beautifull experience!!!!!! I 'll never forget everyone for all my life:-) :-) :-) :-)  I hope everyone had a beautifull journey!!! I've learned that drinking a glass of wine will always inprove my english:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)  kiss kiss Paola :-)

i don't think is nice idea kiss somebodyw wen you are drunk... (Giacomo)

I think that we have realy good relationship. I like you guys. (Nikola)

I have great time in Italy. The weather was most time quite bad, despite it we enjoy our stay Viterbo (Lumir)

nice time with bunch of crazy Czechitalians:-) (see you Tom)

i don't know what i should write, but this project was my first and the best one:-) thank you:-)  :-)  (jana)

I enjoyed this project so much. I miss you already! See you in Czech republic ;) (veronika) 

thank you for great, amazing week. i wait you in czech!!!!come and lets improve your beer's belly:-)  marie

the biggest experiencd from Viterbo is - check who is behind your back :-)  hahaha just kiding it was beautiful week  - Adam :-) 

ehy guys what can I say? I love you all and i hope to meet you again :)  na zdravi and why not!!!! ps: jana i ll never forget you!! 8:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::e it s not 2 cm

so glad being one of yor leaders ....... luv u all have fun and good luck --la mic--

i'm happy that we had the opportunity to host you. you are generous and dedicated people, thank you for everything!  (Alessandra)

I would never expect, that I would meet someone so inspirational here. You are the reason why these projects are so amazing. Na zdravi!

omg...i'm so glad,that i met this amazing people...i love them all...mi amore...horazio is na plech:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)  i miss you already :-* :-*

Leaves staying all together
at every time, in every weather

small, big and average
every shape, every color, every age

'cause the tree, the one
to live needs everyone
(Kolja)

THE END

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat